- Add all the ingredients for the sauce to a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer sauce to a large sauce pan and cook over low heat for 30 minutes until flavors are fully developed.
- Shred turkey meat (2-3 pounds) and add to sauce; leave stovetop on low heat.
- Add all slaw ingredients to a large bowl, mix well and refrigerate. Every 30 minutes, give the slaw a toss so that the cabbage begins to break down. Let sit for about 2 hours.
Cut the bolillos lengthwise. Toast them in the oven.
- Spread a generous portion of butter and mayonnaise on the bolillo.
- Add a good amount of the turkey in sauce on the sandwich; garnish with slaw and freshly diced cucumbers.
These sandwiches are great for leftover roasted turkey during the holidays, or you can cook a turkey just for this recipe.