Skip to content
Tostada de Salmon Fresco
Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- This delicious appetizer fulfills your sweet-and-salty craving on the first bite! Recipe created by Chef Eduardo Ruiz.
- 2 lb salmon, fresh wild caught
- 28 oz Hot Green Enchilada Sauce
- 6 oz lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 oz olive oil
- 4 avocado
- 8 tostadas
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 oz pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Soak the salmon in ice cold water for 20 minutes to draw out any impurities.
- Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Slice into thin 1/4-inch strips. Place in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Add 16 ounces of Las Palmas® Hot Green Enchilada Sauce, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, kosher salt and olive oil to blender and puree until smooth.
- Place marinade in a bowl and refrigerate for one hour.
- When ready to eat, pour marinade into bowl with salmon and allow 10-15 minutes for marinade to cook the salmon.
- Place a tostada on a plate for each guest. Top the tostada with half a sliced avocado.
- Separate the salmon into 8 equal portions; place the salmon and marinade on top of the avocado.
- Garnish with cilantro and pepitas.