Salmon With Fried Yucca and Green Sauce
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- Yield: 8
- The green chile enchilada sauce and fried yucca that tops this golden grilled salmon gives this traditional seafood dish a flavorful Mexican twist. Recipe created by Chef Eduardo Ruiz.
- 2 lb yucca, frozen
- 16 oz canola oil
- 1/2 lb tomatillos, cleaned
- 28 oz Medium Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 jalapeÃ±o
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 lb salmon (each piece portioned into a 4-oz. serving)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Prepare the yucca according to the package directions. Once cooked, set aside to cool. Cut into equal portions.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat canola oil over medium flame. Add the cooked yucca to hot oil and fry until crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Place the yucca on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Season with sea salt to taste.
- Place all salsa ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Place into a bowl and refrigerate. Salsa will keep for 4 days.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Season the fish with olive oil and sea salt.
- Grill the salmon to medium well (about 4 minutes on each side). Let rest for about 2 minutes before serving.
- Add the fried yucca and salmon to a bowl, and cover with green sauce. Garnish with cilantro and sea salt.