Roasted Cauliflower en Curry Verde
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- Yield: 8
- A remarkably ingenious and comforting dish that will make you think twice about how much you enjoy your veggies! Recipe created by Chef Eduardo Ruiz.
For the Curry Verde
- 28 oz Medium Green Enchilada Sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp ginger, roughly chopped
- 4 medium-sized serrano peppers , roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz coconut milk
- 2 tbsp sea salt
For the Roasted Cauliflower
- 3 heads cauliflower, whole
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
For the Roasted Scallion Crema
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees or broiler on high.
- In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, place the chopped garlic, ginger, serrano chiles and olive oil. Decrease the heat to low medium and gently sweat the vegetables.
- Once they are soft and start to develop color (about 10-12 minutes), add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add the Green Enchilada Sauce, coconut milk and salt.
- Cook on low heat for about 10-20 minutes so that flavors develop.
- Coat the scallions with the olive oil and place them on an oven-safe sheet tray.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the scallions are completely charred on the outside.
- Once they are charred, remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and finely chop them.
- Place the remaining scallion crema ingredients into a bowl and whisk until all the ingredients are equally dispersed.
- Store the crema in the refrigerator until the dish is plated.
- Cut the cauliflower in quarters and remove stems. Using your hands separate the cauliflower florets into golfball-sized pieces.
- Place into a bowl and drizzle olive oil over the cauliflower florets, tossing gently to coat evenly. Place on an oven-safe sheet tray so none of the florets overlap. You may have to do this in a few batches.
- Place in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes. Check every 5 minutes to ensure that they are cooking evenly. The cauliflower should be slightly firm and golden brown. Place back into the bowl and sprinkle with sea salt, as desired.
- Place the freshly roasted cauliflower on a large sharing plate and pour the curry verde sauce over the cauliflower.
- Garnish with dollops of the roasted scallion crema, lemon wedges and sliced roasted almonds.