Pollo Las Palmas
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- A chicken meal full of flavor like no other.
- 1 3- to 4-lb. chicken
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the backbone of the chicken, keeping the rest of the chicken in one piece.
- Place the chicken in a sealable plastic bag or a baking dish large enough to hold the chicken.
- In a blender, combine half the garlic, oregano, cumin, ½ cup lime juice, Las Palmas® Green Enchilada Sauce, ¼ cup olive oil and white onion. Puree until smooth. Pour over the chicken and make sure the chicken is entirely coated.
- Marinate and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat a grill. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat, using something heavy to weigh the chicken down, for 5 minutes per side.
- Place in an ovenproof dish or sauté pan and finish cooking in the oven for 12 minutes. Plate chicken and serve.