- Beef enchiladas with a kick and loaded with cheese.
- 1 package white corn tortillas
- 2 lb ground beef, cooked with a little salt for taste
- 4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 white onion, diced, slightly rinsed, drained
- 2 can Medium Red Chile Sauce
- cooking oil
- Set the prepared items aside (meat, onion, cheese) like an assembly line. In a frying pan, pour 3+ teaspoon oil.
- Over medium-high heat, cook tortillas for at least 45 seconds to a minute, and place them on a plate covered with napkins to soak up excess oil.
- Pour chile sauce into a large pot. Heat over medium to medium-low heat until warmed. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with oil, or use a napkin to oil the pan.
- Pour ¾ to 1 cup of the sauce onto the bottom of the pan and coat the pan bottom.
- Dip tortilla in the sauce to coat, lay flat in pan. Sprinkle a handful of meat across the tortilla in a line.
- Layer a handful of onion on top of the beef and sprinkle cheese on top of onion.
- Roll one side of the tortilla over the beef, onion and cheese, and gently roll the whole enchilada over onto the other side of the tortilla.
- Repeat all of the enchilada instructions until you run out of tortillas. If you have leftover sauce, pour over top.
- Top the enchiladas with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted.