Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- A Mexican-style breakfast with corn tortillas, refried beans, cheddar cheese and south-of-the-border seasonings.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 2 16-oz. cans refried beans
- 28 oz Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 12 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- Heat refried beans in a covered dish in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, strirring frequently, until hot. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring enchilada sauce to a simmer, reduce heat and keep warm.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Fry the corn tortillas one at a time for 45-60 seconds each, turning once until light brown on both sides and drain on paper towels.
- In the same frying pan, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the eggs a few at a time, over easy or sunny side up (your preference), salt and pepper to taste.
- Stack two tortillas on each plate. Spread the refried beans over the top tortilla. Place 2 eggs on top of each tortilla, then pour the sauce evenly over each and sprinkle with the cheese.