Ham & Corn Macaroni
- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- A cheesy comfort food, delicious no matter the occasion. Recipe created by Chef Eduardo Ruiz.
- 1/2 lb uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tbsp butter
- 28 oz Medium Red Chile Sauce
- 8 oz ham, diced
- 8 oz fresh corn kernels or canned corn
- 14 oz sharp cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese
- 8 oz breadcrumbs
- In a heavy-bottomed stock pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook macaroni al dente (for best results follow the instructions on the package for al dente cook time).
In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. When butter is melted, place ham and corn in pot and cook for 6-8 minutes or until ham begins to brown. Add Las Palmas® Red Chile Sauce and bring to a simmer for 1 minute. Stir in macaroni and cheese. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly until all ingredients are combined well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Transfer macaroni mixture to a casserole dish. If you prefer your macaroni to be extra cheesy, now is the time to top the casserole dish with more cheese. Sprinkle casserole dish with breadcrumbs. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve in casserole dish and enjoy!