Green Chicken Enchiladas
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 4
- A traditional enchilada with chicken, fresh cilantro and other Mexican-inspired ingredients. This is a mouthwatering option for any family meal or get-together.
- 1 can Medium Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup crema Mexicana, can be substituted with softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup oil
- 8 6-in. corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 lime wedges
- cilantro sprigs, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine first four ingredients in blender; process until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine chicken and Cacique® Crema Mexicana and ½ cup of salsa mixture.
- In a medium pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Lightly fry one tortilla at a time for about 10 seconds each. Remove and drain oil on a paper towel. Add more oil to pan as necessary. Spoon about ¼ cup of chicken mixture down center of tortilla; roll up.
- Place tortilla, seam side down, in an 11 x7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, oil and chicken mixture.
- Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas; sprinkle evenly with Cacique® Queso Fresco and chili powder.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.