Fried Chicken With Hot Sauce
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Yield: 8
- Fried chicken is the ultimate comfort food. Spice it up by drizzling it with Las Palmas® Red Chile Sauce to turn this classic into a hot and crunchy treat. Recipe created by Chef Eduardo Ruiz.
- 4 cup all purpose flour, divided
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground chile de Ã¡rbol, divided
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 2 fryer chickens, 3 ½ to 4 pounds each, cut into pieces
- 28 oz Medium Red Chile Sauce
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 4 oz distilled vinegar
- 3 oz butter
- In a small pot add Las Palmas Red Chile Sauce, paprika, vinegar and butter. Bring to a simmer while stirring with a whisk. As soon as the liquid begins to bubble on the sides of the pot, remove from heat and set aside for use.
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of flour and all the dry ingredients, whisking until combined thoroughly. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, chicken broth and remaining flour. Dip the chicken in egg mixture, then place in flour mixture, a few pieces at a time, until evenly coated. Lightly shake off excess flour.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry the chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels and season to taste.
- In a large bowl, add the hot sauce and toss the hot chicken until evenly coated with sauce. Serve with celery, carrot sticks and ranch.