Fish Stew in Salsa Verde Coconut Broth
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- This seafood and coconut stew is a must-try.
- 1 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cup fish broth or water
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lb skinless snapper, grouper or mackerel fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a medium-sized pot add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat until smoking.
- Next, add onions, tomatoes, cilantro, coriander and ¾ teaspoon of salt. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add Las Palmas® Green Enchilada Sauce, fish, broth and coconut milk with remaining ¾ teaspoon salt and stir into the broth.
- Cook, uncovered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until fish is just cooked through, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Ladle the fish stew into bowls, top with some of the chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges.