Camarones a la Mexicana
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 4 to 6
- A delicious shrimp dish with chile sauce and authentic Mexican seasonings.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 28 oz Medium Red Chile Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 lb U16-20 black tiger shrimp
- 3/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium high heat; add onion and garlic, and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, salt, pepper and red chile sauce; cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- In another skillet, melt butter and lightly sauté the shrimp, stirring constantly, no more than 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the sauce; simmer over low heat for 3 minutes until shrimp are just pink.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.