Skip to content
Pork Tamale Pie
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 lb. cooked pork, shredded
- 2 C. Las Palmas® Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ C. masa harina
- ¼ C. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ C. milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a 12” oven proof skillet, heat 2 tsp. oil over medium heat.
- Add the cooked pork, enchilada sauce, cumin, oregano, chili powder and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the masa harina, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and melted butter until well blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine. Batter may have some lumps.
- Pour the cornbread batter over the pork mixture in the skillet. Spread with the back of a spoon to make it even.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
- Serve with warmed green enchilada sauce, cilantro, jalapenos, avocado, or sour cream.