1. Preheat and oil a flat grill.
2. While the grill is warming up, mix diced yellow onion with the shredded cheese and save on the side for the filling.
3. Warm a tortilla. Once it is pliable, dip it in the first enchilada sauce and place on the grill for 1 minute, flip once.
4. Add first protein. Next, add the shredded cheese & onion mix and roll. Note: assemble as needed per serving.
5. Once the enchilada is rolled, add more enchilada sauce and shredded cheese mix. Then, cover for 1 minute, or as needed, to melt cheese on top.
6. Repeat the process with the next Enchilada Sauce and protein.
7. Place rice and beans in the middle of the plate.
8. Plate green enchilada on one side of the rice and beans and red enchiladas on the opposite side. Hence the name “Enchiladas Divorciadas,” (Divorced Enchiladas)
9. Drizzle enchiladas with crema (or sour cream).