Skip to content
Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 C. diced red onion
- ½ C. diced green pepper
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ C. Las Palmas Mild Diced Green Chiles
- 1 tsp. ground cumin seed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 – 28 oz. can Las Palmas Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 C. shredded cotija cheese
- 1 ½ C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 – 8” flour tortillas
- Oil for frying tortillas
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef then remove from heat and drain off any fat.
- Return beef to skillet and add the onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for two minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green chiles, cumin, oregano and coriander and ½ C. of enchilada sauce and stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and stir in ½ C. cotija cheese and ½ C. cheddar; set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1-2 tsp. of oil over medium-low heat.
- Add a tortilla and cook for 20 seconds on each side. Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel lined plate. Continue with remaining tortillas, adding a tsp. of oil at a time as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour ½ C. enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish.
- In the center of a tortilla, place a heaping 1/3 C. of the beef mixture, roll up the tortilla and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with cilantro, avocado, or lime slices if desired.