A golden grilled salmon topped with green chile enchilada sauce and fried yucca gives this traditional seafood dish a flavorful Mexican twist. Recipe Created by Chef Eduardo Ruiz
Total Cook Time: 90 Min
2 pounds yucca, frozen
16 ounces canola oil
1/2 pounds tomatillos, cleaned
1 28 oz. can Las Palmas® Green Enchilada Sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 bunch chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon salt
2 pounds salmon, (each piece portioned into a 4 ounce serving)
2 teaspoons olive oil
sea salt, to taste
- For the Yucca:
- Prepare the yucca according to the package directions. Once cooked, set aside to cool. Cut into equal size portions.
- In a medium-sized pan, place canola oil and heat to medium heat. Place the cooked yucca in hot oil and fry until crispy about 6-8 minutes. Place the yucca on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Season with sea salt to taste. For the Green Sauce:
- Place all salsa ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Place into a bowl and refrigerate. Salsa will keep for 4 days. For the Salmon:
- Preheat grill to high heat. Season the fish with olive oil and sea salt.
- Grill the salmon to medium well (about 4 minutes on each side). Let rest for about 2 minutes before serving. For Plating:
- In a bowl, place the fried yucca, salmon and cover with green sauce. Garnish with cilantro and sea salt.