This quick and flavorful light meal will be sure to impress lunch or dinner guests in springtime or any time of year.
Total Cook Time: 60 Min
1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
1/4 white onion
1 garlic clove
1 28 ounce can Las Palmas® Green Enchilada Sauce, divided
1 cup water
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups long-grain or basmati rice
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving (optional)
1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt to taste
1 pound tilapia fillets, about 4 fillets
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- For Green Rice:
- In a blender, combine cilantro, parsley, white onion, garlic, 2 cups of LAS PALMAS® Green Enchilada Sauce and 1 cup water. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth, 15 seconds.
- In a medium saucepan, heat extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high. Add rice and stir until rice is slightly toasted for 2 to 3 minutes. Add enchilada sauce mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until sauce is absorbed, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes. Add lime juice and fluff with a fork. For the Mango and Avocado Salsa:
- Combine the chopped mango, red onion, avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, and serrano pepper in a bowl. Add the lime juice and olive oil and toss gently. Add salt to taste. Set aside and let all the flavors come together at room temperature. For the Pan-Fried Tilapia:
- Rinse tilapia fillets and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix flour, garlic salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip fillets in flour mixture and coat both sides.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat until hot. Add floured fillets to skillet and pan fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. To Serve:
- Place fillets on green rice, spoon warm enchilada sauce, and mango and avocado salsa over fish before serving. Serve with lime wedges.