Camarones a la Mexicana (Mexican-Style Shrimp)
Total Cook Time: 20 Min
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 Tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1 28 oz. can Las Palmas® Red Chile Sauce
2 Tbsp. butter
3 lb. black tiger shrimp, U16-20
3/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium high heat; add onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaves, salt, pepper and Red Chile Sauce; cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- In another skillet, melt butter and lightly sauté the shrimp, stirring constantly, no more than 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the sauce; simmer over low heat for 3 minutes until shrimp are just pink.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.